- NCA's Von Till Outstanding Newcomer Award
The award shall be presented to the person who has been in Communication Centers administration for five years or fewer as of May 1st of the nominating year. Considerations include evidence of innovation, scholarship/intellectual work, mentoring, and effectiveness, as well as participation in NCA’s Communication Centers section and the NACC conferences. The person must be a member in good standing of the Communication Centers section of NCA. Self-nominations are encouraged.
The Nomination Should Include:
- A cover letter stating why the person should be recognized as an outstanding newcomer to Communication Centers
- The nominee's current vita (provided by either the nominee or the nominee’s administration or colleagues)
- Evidence of the above considerations
- A minimum of two and maximum of three letters of recommendation, including: one from a colleague in Communication Centers outside of the nominee’s institution, and one from a faculty member within the nominee’s institution.
Nominations must be submitted by September 1st of the award-granting year. The recipient will be chosen by a committee consisting of past officers of the Communication Centers section selected by the current chair. The award will be presented at the NCA convention, and reported at the NACC conference.
If you have questions regarding the nomination process, contact Carl Brown
- 2019 Jenny Southard, UNC-Greensboro
- 2017 Carl Brown
- 2015 Erin Ellis, UNC-Greensboro
- 2014 Danielle Leek, Grand Valley State University
- 2013 Jon Wiebel, Allegheny College
- 2011 Luke LeFebvre, College of Southern Nevada
- 2010 Russell Carpenter, Eastern Kentucky University
- 2009 Jennifer Butler Ellis, Northern Illinois University (at time of award)
- 2008 Kim Cuny, University of North Carolina at Greensboro